Naluri hosts BPMB’s Leadership Tribe Retreat: Ambassador of Core Values
Held over the weekend at Zenith Hotel Putrajaya, Naluri conducted a two-day Leadership Tribe Retreat Ambassadors of Core Values for Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad (BPMB). The retreat aimed to strengthen the leadership skills of BPMB’s next-generation of team leaders, promote BPMB’s core values by showcasing practical examples of how to bring them to life and form peer groups of leaders that can support each other’s development.
We asked participants what they were hoping to get out of the retreat:
- “How to lead the team and what the different styles of leadership can be adopted into the workplace”
- “Learn how to be more resilient”
- “To be an ambassador of core values, so embrace BPMP’s new core values”
Hosted by Naluri CEO and Co-Founder Azran Osman-Rani, the retreat immersed participants through stories and specific frameworks and techniques that were shared with their Senior Leadership Team in a previous retreat to build a common leadership language and culture. This included workshops dedicated to educating and informing the importance of agile, empathetic, and resilient management and how to apply these techniques to their teams.
Participants were encouraged to partake in the Honesty Hour session, where the activity aimed to provide psychological safety through anonymity for participants to raise any unspoken issues, concerns, challenges, or frustrations for their leader to address with full honesty and vulnerability after the retreat.
Participants were taken through a guided individual interactive session called to uncover their personal and team values and how to work as a team that comprises of various personal values. Then, Naluri coaches facilitated group coaching sessions for participants to identify development areas and curate an individual coaching plan to help achieve their goals.
At the end of the retreat, we asked participants their thoughts and takeaways from the retreat. Here’s what they said:
- “Learned to initiate changes among myself and in my department to hopefully spark changes throughout the orgs. I will try to implement a few ideas I got from the session”
- “The session has enabled us to learn more about ourselves and our colleagues”
- “Meaningful as a whole for my career development”
Naluri would like to thank the entire BPMB team, especially Pn Salwa, for prioritising the solidifying of their leadership culture and strengthening the collaborative trust among each member.